Chinese Government Scholarship--University Postgraduate Study Program
(2016/17 Program Guild)
Chinese Government Scholarship--University Postgraduate Study Program is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in building international high level universities, and promote Chinese higher education brand. The enrollment is directly managed by a part of Chinese higher institutions. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to keep the enrollment record and carry out the routine management.
Master's Program：Students are required to complete all courses and the designated number of credits. After completing a master's thesis and dissertation, successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate and a Master’s degree according to the regulations of the Degree Committee. Only full-time courses are offered.
Doctoral Program: Students are required to complete all courses, fulfill the designated number of credits, conduct research, and complete a doctoral thesis and dissertation. Successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate for their doctoral degree according to the regulations of the Degree Committee. Only full-time courses are offered.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Scholarship
2-3 academic years
3-4 academic years
1. The courses will be taught in Chinese in principle. Scholarship students are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
2. Some courses can be taught in English according to the major’s study schedule.
3. Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOT be extended in principle.
Departments and majors for Postgraduate Program
Master's Program: http://iec.cug.edu.cn/qtlmen/show/1233.aspx
Doctoral Program: http://iec.cug.edu.cn/qtlmen/show/1233.aspx
Please visit the website to choose your correct major with your basic degree, and directly contact with the supervisor who you want to follow for the acceptance letter. The acceptance letter is just an additional material, which can help your get admission qualification but it will not guarantee your chance in getting the scholarship.
Master's Program：Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, under the age of 35 and have earned a bachelor’s degree.
Doctoral Program: Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, under the age of 40 and have earned a master’s degree.
January 1- April 15，Per year (except legal holidays)
Please visit http://iec.cug.edu.cn for the latest information. Please make sure mailed application documents in duplicate within the set period. Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarships should complete the online application and send the application documents to the designated address before April 15, 2017 (accepted by postmark). Please mark “postgraduate application material” on the envelope.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials;
- Living allowance;
- Fee for accommodation on campus;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university's arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by CUG, and other materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the student affair office within the set period (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master degree students: CNY 2,500 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY3,000 Yuan
4) All of scholarship students must live in the campus building .Costs of the accommodation beyond the university's arrangements should be self-funded. Two types of rooms for choice (CNY Yuan per year):
- Master degree students: double room, CNY8400 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: single room, CNY 12000 Yuan
5) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
Application Procedure and Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship with personal signature (printed by CSC), filled in Chinese or in English. It can be downloaded from CSC website (http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua).
2. One photocopy of valid passport(Personal information page).
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Transcripts (notarized photocopy). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
6. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English.
8. Additional documents may be required by China University of Geosciences, e.g.
HSK or English certificates, academic publications, acceptance letter by CUG's professor. (Please refer to the relevant information on website http://iec.cug.edu.cn)
The above materials should be bound on top left corner, directly post Admissions office of China University of Geosciences by APRIL 15th, 2017. No application documents will be returned.
Approval and Notification
1. China University of Geosciences will review the application materials and decide on the list of accepted students at the end of April.
2. China University of Geosciences is supposed to send photocopies of the application materials to CSC for further confirmation.
3. The Final List of Accepted Students will be published on the Website in the early July. Admission Notice and JW201 for Visa Application would be issued later on. Applicants should log in the website (http://iec.cug.edu.cn) in time to check for the result.
Tel: 0086-27-67883283 67884939
Web: http:// iec.cug.edu.cn
Address: Room211/215, Dangui Building, Lumo Road 388,Hongshan District, Wuhan City(Post Code:430074)