Chinese Government Scholarship- Undergraduate Program
Chinese Government Scholarship—Undergraduate Programis established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to recruit outstanding international students for undergraduate studies in China. The enrollment is directly managed by a part of Chinese higher institutions. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to keep the enrollment record and carry out the routine management.
Students are required to complete all courses and the designated number of credits. After completing a bachelor'sthesis and dissertation, successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate and a Bachelor’s degree according to the regulations of the Degree Committee. Only full-time courses are offered.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Scholarship
4-5 academic years
1. All courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year preparatory Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
2. Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOT be extended.
Departments and majors for undergraduate Program
Please visit the website to choose your correct major based on your education background.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, under the age of 25 and have been awarded high school diploma
2. Applicants must abide by the rules and regulations of Chinese laws and schools, be of good character and respect Chinese social customs and habits.
3. Applicantsmust meet one of the following academic conditions:
· An official transcript of the applicant’s highest educational degree (original copy and Chinese or English notarized copy)
· Graduation transcripts of national/district unified high school
· Scores of an internationally recognized standardized test (Such as the SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB, etc.)
Jan 1st-April 1stCSC online application, April 15th (paper documents deadline)
Please visithttp://iec.cug.edu.cnfor the latest information. Please make sure that you will mail application documents within the set period. Applicants for the Chinese Government Scholarships should complete the online application and send the hardcopies of application documents to the designated address before April 15, 2018 (accepted by postage stamp). Please mark “Undergraduate Program application material” on the envelope.
Details of the Scholarship
Free tuition fee,
Free Accommodation on campus;
Comprehensive Medical Insurance and
Monthly living allowance:
Bachelor degree students: CNY 2,500 Yuan
Application Procedure and Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (one copy).
1.Application Formfor Chinese Government Scholarship(onlyfor government-funded students),Enrollment Application Form for International Students of CUG(onlyfor school scholarship or self-funded students). Please fill out the form in English or Chinese.
2. Copy of applicant’s highest level diploma or pre-graduation certificate. (The original copy and a notarized English or Chinese copy.)
· Recent high school graduates must provide pre-graduation certificates issued by their own school.
· High school graduates must provide their high school diplomas;
· Registered university students must provide both a high school diploma and a studying certificate from their university;
3. Official academic transcripts of the applicant’s highest diploma (If the original text is not in Chinese, a notarized translation should be provided).
4.study plan(in Chinese or English，no less than 200 word)
5. Two recommendation letters from different teachers in Chinese or English.At least one must be from the high school where the applicant obtained his or her diploma.
6.Copies of thePhotocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Formvalid in half year (the original copy should be kept by the applicant).
7. A copy of personal information pageofthe applicant’s valid passport. Please provide the copy of the visa page and the entry page if the applicant is in China. (if available)
8.HSKcertificatesor English language proficiency certificateTOFEL/ IELTS. (if available, Applicants with good language proficiency are preferred)
9. Scores of an internationally recognized standardized test (Such as the SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB, etc
10. Applicants under age 18 must submit GUARDIAN’S LETTER OF GUANRANTEE in China.
11. Other materials (certificates of awards etc.)
Approval and Notification
1. China University of Geosciences will review the application materials and decide on the list of accepted students at the end of April.
2. China University of Geosciences is supposed to send photocopies of the application materials to CSC for further confirmation.
3. The Final List of Accepted Students will be announced on the Website in the early July. Admission Notice and JW201 for Visa Application will be mailed later on. Applicants should log in the website (http://iec.cug.edu.cn) in time to check for the result.
Tel: 0086-27-67883283 67884939
Web: http:// iec.cug.edu.cn
Address: Room211/215, Dangui Building, Lumo Road 388,Hongshan District, Wuhan City(Post Code:430074)