China University of Geosciences
Application Guide for
2021 Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Program
Chinese Government Scholarship - University Postgraduate Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education of the P.R.C. to support Chinese universities to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. CUG is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit graduate students for Master and Doctoral Programs.
1. Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. Applicants must:
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
3. Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must pass HSK4.
4. Applicants should take the interview assigned by the prospective supervisors.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
2. Free on-campus accommodation;
3. Living allowance (Master students: 3000RMB / per month, Ph.D. students: 3500RMB);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
This Program only supports fields related to Science, Engineering and Management. Available majors in CUG can be checked via: http://iec.cug.edu.cn/
Chinese / English
English Taught Programs
Business Administration (Master)
Environmental Engineering (Master and Ph.D.)
Oil and Natural Gas Engineering (Master and Ph.D.)
Public Administration (Master and Ph.D.)
Note: All of the Ph.D. programs at CUG can be conducted in English.
1. Visit CSC Online Application System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and log in.
2. Choose Type B, fill in the CUG agency code 10491.
3. Fill out the application form, submit all the required documents to the CSC website.
Note: Hard copies are not accepted by CUG.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English);
2. Notarized highest diploma (photocopy, notarized in Chinese or English);
3. Academic transcripts (notarized in Chinese or English);
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 800 words (in Chinese or English);
5. A self-introduction video (in Chinese or English, 3-5minutes);
6. Two Recommendation Letters from two professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English);
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form with blood test result valid in half a year (photocopy);
8. Valid passport photocopy (2 copies);
9. One clear soft copy of your photo (uploaded on CSC system);
10. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record;
11. Valid HSK Certificate or TOFEL/IELTS Certificate;
12. Other additional documents (e.g. Supervisor’s Recommendation Form for Excellent International Students, award certificates, papers, publications).
1. Applicants without HSK4 will not have the qualification to apply for Chinese-taught programs. Applicants with HSK4 but could not reach the level of language proficiency required for studying majors, that is, HSK4 with a score of 220 or above / HSK5 (required for majors related to management) must study Chinese for one year and pass the required score of HSK4 or HSK5 before commencing the major study.
2. Applicants who applied for English-taught programs should provide valid TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) certificates.
December15th - March15th
Approval & Notification
The university will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates before the end of May. The list of nominated candidates will be sent to the CSC for the final review and approval. Before the end of July, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) Before the end of July, Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) will be sent out from the university to the approved scholarship winners.
1. Incomplete, inauthentic materials and majors which are unavailable at our university or not supported by this scholarship program will not be considered.
2. All the documents should be in Chinese or English and should be uploaded onto the CSC website.
3. The highest diploma and academic transcripts must be notarized in Chinese or English.
4. Admission documents will be sent to the permanent address written on the application form. Please make sure that the contact information is valid and accurate. The mailing address with P.O.Box is NOT accepted.
5. All of the Ph.D. programs at CUG can be conducted in English, but the teaching language for some of the compulsory courses is a combination of Chinese and English.
Admissions Office of International Education College, China University of Geosciences 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei, P. R. China
Mr. Liu / Ms. Wu
Tel: +86-27-6788 3283
Website: http://en.cug.edu.cn http://iec.cug.edu.cn